Steele Communications, a division of NEWCAP Inc, is expanding its Sales team in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador. We are looking for our next highly motivated, creative sales professional who is focused on success and:
- Builds and strengthens relationships with new and existing clients
- Demonstrates the ability to access and uncover the needs of a client
- Manages the entire sales cycle from lead generation to presentation and close
- Is creative and confident in making sales presentations and effective using presentation software
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and accelerates in a fast paced environment
- Takes pride in exceeding both personal and company sales targets
Previous sales experience and demonstrated success in radio, or other transferrable sales
experience is an asset. A valid driver’s license is required.
If you’re competitive, creative and have the drive to succeed and feel we’ve just described you,
tell us more. You could be the right person to build a long-lasting, lucrative career in multimedia
sales with Steele Communications in St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador.
Apply in confidence to:
Account Manager - Careers
391 Kenmount Road,
St John’s, NL
Newcap values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity, all applications submitted must be accompanied by a completed Employment equity Questionnaire form. The form may be downloaded from the following link: http://www.ncc.ca/form.asp
Only those candidates considered for the position will be contacted.
Part-Time (summer relief) Broadcast Journalist, St. John’s, NL
Newfoundland and Labrador’s news leader, VOCM, is looking for a part-time (summer relief) broadcast journalist to fill a vacancy for our expanding operation in St. John’s.
As VOCM’s commitment to local coverage continues to grow, we are looking for a part-time summer relief journalist who wants to report on the stories that make a difference to the people of the province.
The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Researching, writing, reporting, and on air reading.
- Covering various events which may include the Provincial Legislature, municipal council meetings and news conferences.
- Developing and following up on story ideas, and gathering news information
- Must be willing to work any and all shifts
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Computer experience (experience with NEWSROOM an asset)
- A strong work ethic with a team-oriented approach
- Valid driver’s license
If you believe you are the person for our team, we’d like to talk to you.
Newcap Radio Inc. values diversity in its workforce and is committed to employment equity. Deadline for applications is Friday, May 29th, 2015.
Please send your resume, audio sample to:
Fred Hutton, News Director
Steele Communications, A Division of Newcap Inc
391 Kenmount Road
St. John’s, NL
All applications will be kept in our talent bank, but only those who make the short list will be contacted for these positions.