• Listen LiveThe VOCM Morning Team5:30 AM - 9:00 AM
    Click Here 590 AM
  • Three Rushed to Hospital with Carbon-Monoxide Poisoning During Blackout

    (File photo courtesy Earl Noble.)

    Three people were rushed to hospital on the weekend because of carbon-monoxide poisoning. The incident happened in Norman’s Cove-Long Cove.

    RCMP say two of the three have been released while another was kept in overnight. She is expected to make a full recovery.

    Carbon-monoxide poisoning can occur when an alternate source, such as kerosene or a generator, is used to heat a home or supply electricity. Parts of that area were without power all weekend.

    Police advise carbon monoxide produces effects such as lightheadedness, confusion and headaches.

  • VOCM Cares

  • More News

  • vocm thousand dollar news tip