The energy minister says the notion of a company putting power back into the Newfoundland and Labrador grid in order to sell it off to other jurisdictions isn’t something that is allowed by legislation.
On Thursday the province announced that Crown land reserves for three wind-hydrogen projects would not be extended due to a lack of movement and non-payment of money to government.
Lloyd Parrott says government had been hearing about the companies wanting to use the land for other things, such as putting electricity back into the grid, and then maybe exporting it elsewhere.
Parrott says the agreement was to use the land for wind-hydrogen and not for anything else.
He says there is a provincial Crown corporation, NL Hydro, that is looking at exporting power. Parrott notes there is no legislation in the province currently that allows companies to put power back into the grid and sell it to other jurisdictions, and no conversations were had about that happening.





















